Do you want to know more about the Museum and enjoy our spaces? Then do not hesitate and consult the plans of the museum that we put at your disposal so as not to miss anything!
Did you know that the Museum is a living space that offers services for all audiences?
- Family space, Estació Petita de Vilanova: where the little ones will enjoy games and entertainment.
- Shopping: where you can find books, collector's items and authentic jewels that will transport you to the beginning of the railway history.
- Audio-visual room: Where you get to enjoy unpublished films and recordings to know more about the entire world of trains.
- Exhibitions: stroll through the museum rooms and discover all our collection pieces.
- Exterior spaces: without doubt, the original locomotive roundabout will leave you speechless! Grasp the history of the first passenger cars, the exhibition of locomotives Talgo, closely inspect the Mataró locomotive and view all our vehicles. This museum should definitely be visited
Download the Museum's schedule and do not forget to visit any corner of our 13,500m² of installations. The provided maps are in five languages
And now, we will mention the most important 10 places that you have to visit in our Museum
- Interlocking table from "Estació de França": that regulated the rail traffic.
- Vall de Núria Park and picnic area: outdoor area to play and rest, eat and enjoy, next to the water tanks that supplied the locomotives of the old Steam locomotive Depot of Vilanova I la Geltrú.
- "Espai Gumà" and water tanks: our water deposit, which now is presented as an exhibition.
- The Roundhouse, swing bridge and locomotive collection: with tracks and a rotating bridge that allows the movement of the locomotives.
- Centennial train: the Mataró locomotive and three passenger’s cars of first, second and third class, from 1948.
- American Harlan car and wooden bogie: an authentic jewel of a passenger’s car.
- "Espai Mercaderies" (Freight area): today, it serves as a small room for audiovisual projections.
- "Espai Talgo" and rolling stock collection: enjoy the most important collection of Talgo vehicles.
- Railway infrastructure: know the track gauges or signaling, among other elements of the "iron roads".
- Infrastructure Area, “Passeig Entrevies” (pathway alongside the rail), Level Crossing and Halts: this new area allows you to walk around the museum while learning about the different important elements for the railway system. The tracks, the machines that condition the infrastructure and replace the ballast so that everything works properly, a level crossing, two turntables and Pineda Bridge and Signal Bridge halts, are part of the collection.